Friday, December 16, 2011

Dune by Frank Herbert. BBC Top 200 List #39 (2003), # 52 (2010)

Finals are over!!!! Due to the amount of studying I needed over the past few days, I have not been able to post. But now that the semester is complete I have a whole month of freedom.

To continue with the BBC Top 200 List, I have Dune written by Frank Herbert.


About the book:


With all honesty, I cannot really give you the plot of this novel. If I wanted to create a sufficient description of this novel, I would have to write a 5 page report on the whole book. Since I do not have the time to do this, and I asssume you don't want to read that, I will keep my description of the book to a minimum.

Set on the desert planet Arrakis, a young boy, the story tells of the boy Paul Attreides and his adventure to become the mysterious man known as Muad'Dib. He plans on avenging the plot against his family and would bring to fruition humankind's most ancient and unattainable dream.

Does it deserve to be on the BBC Top 200 List?


Since the book is labelled by almost everyone as science fictions supreme masterpiece, I would have to say that yes it does belong on the BBC List. Almost everyone that has read the book tells me that they love it, and  read it over and over again. My uncle originally gave me a copy for Christmas a couple years ago, and although it took me awhile to read it, I definitely enjoyed it. I will give Dune a 3 out of 5.


Does it deserve its spot on the BBC Top 200 List?

I think the creators of the BBC List got this one right on the money. As far as I am concered, the book fits perfectly in the 30-50 range. The book should not be in the top ten in my opinion, but it definitely deserves some praise. If you have not read this book yet, and you enjoy futuristic- society books, then I would tell you to add it to your list of items to read.


I have a few new books on my list. For those of you who like Clan of the Cave Bear, I am just starting the sequel, The Valley of Horses. I also have a Janet Evanovich book for you all (hint: its the newest one) and a couple other books from the BBC List you might enjoy.

Keep Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment