Sunday, November 11, 2012

Seven Patients by Atul Kumar

Hello Everyone,

This morning I finished my first novel on my Kindle, called Seven Patients. Before I begin discussing it, I wanted to mention that it is not available in hardcover (as far as I know).

The story begins with an introduction to Rajen Mok, a third year medical student who begins his internship at a prestigious hospital. The book revolves around Rajen working at various areas of the hospital.

The book is a mere six chapters, each having a short story affect (meaning they aren't connected as a regular novel is). They are loosely connected and all have the same characters, with a few additions here and there.


The book is written fairly well. There is not a huge dramatic ending, or a romantic twist to it, but it does keep you reading and is enjoyable. The book has a lengthy medical vocabulary with definitions in the back to inform the reader. All in all I will give it a 2.5 out of 5 stars. For a four dollar novel, with no need to hurry through it, it would be a good casual read.



There are a few other features about the Kindle I didn't previously know about. When you finish your book, you can be directed to a page where you can review the novel,and see what others thought of it. It will also show you the most highlighted areas of the novel.  You can also X-ray the novel, which shows you where the characters are in the novel and how often they appear.


I know this was a short post, but I promise I have a lot more good reads coming your way. There are also a few events coming in the future you may want to place on your calender.

Everyone have a great Sunday and Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment