Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Panther by Nelson DeMille.

Cover of The Panther


Hello Everyone,

I know it has taken me a long time to complete this novel and to be 100% honest, I am still about 200 pages away from the end. Unfortunately, I left it at my grandmothers house and was unable to get it back until a few days ago. I will go ahead and post on it, considering I am a good percentage through the book and I don't give up the ending anyways.

John Corey and his wife Kate are anti- terrorists agents. Their job is to make the Homeland safe, and so far they have. However, in order to keep our country safe, we must keep Al-Qaeda out of the Middle Eastern countries. One of these countries, Yemen, is on the brink of being overrun. With a weak government, territorial tribes all over the landscape, and Al-Qaeda the new kids on the block, Yemen doesn't seem like a safe place to live. And to top it all off there is a panther on the loose.

Al-Numair, the Panther, is on a mission to destroy America. He has decided that John Corey and Kate are perfect candidates to murder and show how great he is.

Trying to destroy the Panther, John and Kate are shuttled to Yemen to track this man down and arrest him, or terminate him, whichever comes first.


If you enjoy this kind of novel, you will probably enjoy the book. I have mentioned before, that it is the latest book in the series. I highly recommend you read them before reading this novel. I myself found this book to be a little dry. The previous five books are great, but this one just seems to have a lot of plot setup, and not enough action. However, I think the end is going to be great,and I am looking forward to finishing.

I will not rate the book now, but when I finish it I will place it in this blog. I will notify you when I do so.


On a local note, tomorrow is the annual Christmas tree lighting in downtown Caldwell. Take your family and friends and go have a good time. The tree is located by TVCC on Blaine street. While you are there you can go get a couple books at The Rubaiyat and buy some delicious coffee at The Bird Stop. The Bird Stop is also having a benefit concert for Joe Wheeler. Music will be preformed by the local talents Marshall Poole and BlooVooDoo. Feel free to go down and have a good time.

Well everyone, have a fantastic afternoon. I will try to post a few more times before turkey day, but if I don't have a Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment