Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Girl Who Played With Fire

As a young college student, I don't get the chance to read as much as I would like. It took me about three months to finish the second novel in The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. My plan was to finish the 700 page book within the next two weeks and attend to Michael Palmer and his novels on my shelf ( I find that taking a break from authors gives the books they write a better feel as you read them).





I ended up finishing it Thursday morning (right before my English class), and immediately after  I pulled The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest out of my backpack and started reading.


To say the least, even though it took me three months, The Girl Who Played With Fire is a great sequel to the first novel

The book begins a couple months after the conclusion of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. There is a new plot ( almost nothing to do with the previous one), tension between the main characters, and a storyline that makes you stay up all night to finish. Lisabeth Salander is by far one of the most memorable characters in mystery novels, and I suggest you get to know her well. I highly recommend having the third book, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, on your bedside table when you finish this book.

Lisabeth Salander from The Girl Who Played With Fire


NOTE: I did not mention this in my blog on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, but these books do contain adult content of the sexual kind. If that is offensive or unappealing to you, please do not read these books!

Currently, I have knocked out a little less than two-hundred pages in the third novel. If my teachers are willing, I can finish the book within the next week or so.


Upcoming Reads:

Here pretty soon, I have a few novels in store for you that I have been holding to post on.

James Rollins Subterranean, Michael Palmer books, and of course, more BBC books.

I do have a selection menu on the right-hand side of my blog for posts specifically on my BBC books. I am working on it currently, but as I go, you may click on the ones I have set up and look at them. They will be in numerical order from 1 to 200. If you do not see one I have posted yet, you can always go in my Blog Archive and find them there.

As always if you would like to e-mail me, you may do so, my blog e-mail is codywolf2011@gmail.com. I also have  Twitter page and you can follow me by clicking the follow button on the right hand side. I'm also trying to set up a facebook page (got to be patient with that one).

 Thanks for reading, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment