Saturday, March 12, 2011

Salems Lot

This year for Lent, I made a pact with a few friends. I gave up caffeine, another friend gave up reading books for fun, and yet another gave up insults. Well I failed after three days, and my friend couldn't make it without reading ( I don't blame her). So in honor of our breaking Lent, we decided to go to the library and check out as many books as possible.

One of the books I checked out was Pride and Prejudice, written by Jane Austen.

Since I have not read it yet, I cannot give a summary of it but it is coming soon.

Now, I wish to talk about a Stephen King.

Salem's Lot , one of Kings first books, begins with a writer traveling toward a town he grew up in Jerusalem Lot.
After staying a few days he meets a young chicka who has the hots for him. They quickly fall in love and everything seems happy. But in the depths of night, a dark evil older than the stones we walk on lurks through the town. Yes it is a vampire, and no it is not Dracula.

Unfortunately  if I tell you any more, I will give away the book, which i do not like to do.

But I can honestly say that reading this book after dark is a challenge. And for a vampire book, it lacks the cheesy-ness that usually comes with *cough Stephanie Meyer cough*. So if your aren't afraid of the things that go bump in the night, this is the book for you.


Now for those of you who live in Caldwell ID (probably all of you), I have recently discovered a new used book store down town.

The address is 117 S. 7th Avenue. They are closed on Sundays and Mondays, but i seriously recommend coming to this store. It will be worth your while.


Okay so that is it for today. Feel free to follow me on my blog, and if you get a chance vote on the poll. And leave COMMENTS!!!!!! I need some feedback people ( but make it appropriate).

No comments:

Post a Comment