Friday, March 25, 2011

Ender's Game


Lately I have been hearing more and more about titles written by Orson Scott Card. In particular Ender's Game.

Apparently as a freshman I was supposed to read this novel, but for some reason my class didn't get to it. So I decided to read it independently.

Even though it was Sci- Fi , I really enjoyed the book.

The book takes place in the distant future, and all of humanity is living in fear of the "buggers", an alien species that almost wiped out all of Earth.

The protagonist of the story is Ender Wiggins( I believe his first name was Andrew) and he is a Third, meaning the third child in a family which in this day and age is frowned upon.

But soon the military of the Earth notices Ender's genius mind, and begins his long and painful journey to become THE commander to save the world and end the war with the buggers.

His training begins at Battle School where the student body is divided into armies, and they preform mock wars against each other. But it is not only a game. Every student takes it seriously and the game prepares you for the real deal.

Unfortunately if you wish to know more, you must read the book. I have a strict policy here to not spoil books for the Constant Reader, but encourage him/her to read.

Orson Scott Card's book was-and excuse me for my lack of words- amazing. I have been searching the valley for a copy of this book and my search is futile, but I'm going to keep trying. I recommend this book to anyone with eyeballs. I give Ender's Game a 5 out of 5 ranking.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments, suggestions, whatever..... I appreciate feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment