Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Chronicles of Narnia: BBC Top 200 List #33 (2010)






I remember in second grade, when my aunt gave me the original version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie. I really enjoyed the story, and watched the movie to death, but it took me several years to read the series. In fact, I didn't read any of the books until I was given a box set for Christmas by my grandmother.


About The Chronicles of Narnia:

The series consists of seven books, all revolving around a magical world called Narnia. Some of the books share characters, while others are independent. The series has been released in two different "versions". After a few years, the series was re-published in a different order (but the books are still the same). Below I have the publication order, and the chronological order.

  Publication Order
1. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
2. Prince Caspian 
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader 
4. The Silver Chair
5. The Horse and His Boy
6. The Magician's Nephew
7. The Last Battle


Chronological Order
1. The Magician's Nephew 
2. The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
3. The Horse and His Boy
4. Prince Caspian 
5 The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
6. The Silver Chair
7. The Last Battle

If you haven't read them, I recommend the Chronological Version. It helps put the pieces of the puzzle together.


Do they deserve to be on the BBC List?

Yes. The books are very entertaining. Almost everyone has at least heard of them (or one of them) and the story will continue on for generations to come. C.S. Lewis is a master at his craft. I recommend the books to anyone who enjoys a classic fantasy read.


Do they deserve its place on the BBC List?



Absolutely. I am not huge on fantasy novels, but these were phenomenal. They are almost as good as The Lord of the Ring series (but not quite). I feel they earned their spot at 33. If you are one of the few people left who hasn't read them, I seriously suggest you get to it. It's worth your time.



As always, thanks for reading! If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, etc... you can always leave a comment, or if you wish you can e-mail me directly at CodyWolf2011@gmail.com. There is a Poll on the right hand side of the blog, everyone is welcome to answer. Please do so, it's anonymous and I always value the opinion of my readers. 

Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment