Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stephen King's 11/22/63

File:11-22-63.jpg

In 1973, Stephen King published his first novel Carrie. After almost forty years, Mr. King publishes his first novel involving time travel. 11/22/63 revolves around the story of a man going back to prevent the JFK assassination. 

Jake Epping, a divorced english teacher, is drafted by a dying restaurant owner who discovered a "rabbit hole" that takes you back in time. The only hitch in the plan, is that the hole takes you back to a specific time. This particular hole takes Mr. Epping back to 1958, five years before the assassination.


I have always been a devout King fan. I have read almost all of his works, and I own 55 books by him. 
This novel however, is one of the few books that I don't particularly enjoy. 

11/22/63 started out fantastic. It was textbook Stephen King. But as it got into the middle of the book, I found it harder to connect to the story. I finally gave up halfway through the novel.

If you really enjoy Stephen King, I wouldn't hesitate to read this book. Some of his best-selling novels are one's that I can never get into ( like the Stand for instance). From me personally, I give 11/22/63 2 stars out of 5. Maybe sometime in the future I can complete it and give it a different rating.


If you are a "tweeter", I now have a page up for the blog on Twitter. If you click the follow me on twitter button on the right hand side, it will take you to my page where you can follow me. I tweet almost everyday, giving updates on what I am reading, what my future posts will be about, and when I post a new blog.

As always I have a Poll on the right hand side. Everyone is welcome to answer, you do not have to be a follower to give an opinion. You can also give suggestions and constructive criticisms by commenting on my posts. I read every comment and usually reply to them immediately. If you wish to give me suggestions on what to read next. you can e-mail me at CodyWolf2011@gmail.com.

Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment