Sunday, October 28, 2012

Michael Palmer vs. Robin Cook

Hello Everyone,

As promised, I have a comparison of the top two medical suspense novelists, Robin Cook and Michael Palmer.

I personally enjoy medical suspense, due to the fact that medicine has a wide variety of interesting subjects. The two stars of this genre are probably the ones we are discussing today

Robin Cook has great talent ( how many books has he sold again?) and he writes about a wide variety of medical areas. Whether it be in the hospital, or in the morgue, you can bet Robin Cook has written about it.

Michael Palmer on the other hand, varies in a different way. Most of his early novels involve doctors that work in a hospitals, while his later works are more political, dealing with Presidents, Senators, and other officials( but are still medical).

Both authors are doctors, and have adequate knowledge in regard to what they are writing about.

Robin Cook has the upper hand when we talk about experience. Cook has been writing a few years longer than Palmer.

As far as writing talent is concerned, I think that Palmer has the upper hand. He tends to keep you enthralled in the story, while Robin Cook can't keep me interested, he tends to get wordy.

Looking at who won, I would have to say... it's up to you. I am a little biased due to the fact that I have read only one Cook, and several Palmers. I suggest that you go and judge for yourself. If you have an opinion, feel free to leave a comment or e-mail me. I enjoy hearing your comments:)



Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I am halfway through The Panther by Nelson DeMille. I should have it finished this coming up week. I also went to Hastings the other day, and found the sequel to a book I enjoyed very much, Unwind. If you are not familiar with the novel, I have a quick review of it in a previous post. I should hopefully have that book starting soon.


If you have a book you want me to read, let me know and I will add it on my list. Otherwise, have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment