Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Michael Palmer's Miracle Cure

Hello Everyone,

I have been fascinated by Michael Palmer's writing over the past few months, and I know possess 10 of his novels, and I hope to finish them all shortly.

One of his earliest works, Miracle Cure, has proven to be (at the moment) my favorite of his books, and one of my top reads so far this year.

The main character is Dr. Brian Holbrook, a recovering addict of prescription meds. He was found smuggling drugs he ordered for himself and was revoked of his doctor status. After dealing with his addiction, he tries to return to his previous profession. This is where the story starts

picture fromhttp://www.michaelpalmerbooks.com/miracle-cure

Brian's father, Jack Holbrook, has been having heart conditions, and is in serious trouble. A recently discovered drug, that supposedly cures atherosclerosis (the Miracle Drug). After seeing the results on trial patients, Brian is convinced that his father should be on the drug as soon as possible.

However, as Brian digs deeper into the trial patient. He notices that some of the first trial patients are dying suddenly. Does the Miracle Drug have a factor in these deaths? Did Brian potentially sign his fathers death certificate without knowing it?

The book is great... if you enjoy medical suspense. I personally cannot get enough knowledge about human anatomy, so I covet these types of novels. On the other hand, if you do not know a whole lot about anatomy, you will not be boggled down with terminology.

I will give the book a 4 out of 5. If you like this kind of stuff, you will definitely enjoy this novel,and probably all the others by Michael Palmer.


Please keep tuning in for more books!! I have had a great turnout after my drought of posting, and I appreciate those who did not forget me. More Michael Palmer's will be posted on ( newer novels by him) and I will also try to compare him with another medical suspense author.. you guessed it, Robin Cook.

Stay tuned also for my first interview!! It will be a recorded interview with Amy Perry of The Rubaiyat Used Book Store. Hopefully that will be coming to your ears before the end of the month.

Everyone have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment