Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Face the Rain by Jennifer DeNaughel

Since I am a guy, I generally do not visit the Romance section of book stores, but I picked up this novel because of an upcoming book signing by a local author in my area.

Face the Rain is a romance/thriller taken place after a woman, Jenna, escapes from her abusive and murdering husband with her two children. Trying to rediscover the past, Jenna drives to the Oregon coast and moves into a beach house built by her father before she was born.

After settling in, Jenna recollects with her old friends. One of them is her old lover Ian ( also her sons daddy). But its not as easy as just settling back. Before leaving the coast, Jenna burned a lot of bridges. Not only did she leave on bad terms with Ian, but she left without telling Ian of her pregnancy.

To make things even worse, her ex husband escaped from jail and wants revenge. Can Jenna handle the problems waiting in the past? Can her and Ian get back together? Will Jenna's ex husband cause problems? You have to read to find out.


As I have mentioned before, I try not to read romance novels.  But for this one I can make an exception. The book was an easy read. It's faced paced and always leaves you guessing. Mrs DeNaughel, I have to give you kudos for this novel. I'll give Face the Rain 3.5 stars out of 5.


If you think this novel is worth a shot, you can find a couple copies at The Rubaiyat. The store is located at 117 S. 7th Avenue in Caldwell, ID 83605 between the creek and the railroad tracks.

I would also like to mention that in the right hand column, there is a new poll you all should answer. Also, if you do not already, please follow my blog by clicking the follow button. Comments are always welcome, and there is a new touch to the blog. Right below this post, is a section where you can click on your reaction to this post. Feel free to leave your reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment