Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Time Machine by H.G Wells






If you ever wonder what life will be like in the future (and I think everyone has done that at least once in their life) H.G Wells idea is definitely one to consider. The story revolves around a time traveler ( who I am fairly positive remains unnamed) teaching his colleagues how time travel works. He then demands them to come back in a week to hear his marvelous adventure.

The book, I found, was slow to begin with. It took Wells a significant amount of time to reach a climactic point and even then, I didn't find it that exciting. The book does have a good message ( hint: social classes) and Wells brought interesting points in regard to evolution. I give this novel 2.5 stars out of 5. If you are a fan of time travel and science fiction novels, you may like it more. 

However, I give fair warning that if you have seen the movie (either of them), I have to say that the movie and the book are absolutely nothing alike. The only similarity is that they share the same name. Do not expect to see romance of any kind in this novel. 

On that note, keep reading! I have a few good selections from the BBC coming your way ( don't tell anyone but one book starts with Oliver and ends with Twist), two more books in the Clan of the Cave Bear series, and the popular Hunger Game series.  Of course, I also have Book Updates coming , hints/suggestions for identifying first editions and tips on how to read more books in a year!


Well that't all folks

Keep Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment