Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Silent Land by Graham Joyce


For most skiers and snowboarders, avalanches are elemental factors that have to be dealt with. But what do you do when you get caught in one?

Jake and Zoe Bennet are enjoying a nice ski trip on the slopes when, all of a sudden, their world comes crashing down above them. An avalanche. But this is the least of their concerns. After they struggle themselves free, they head back to the hotel to find it completely deserted of life. In fact, the whole village is empty.

Another bone chilling fact. Food doesn't spoil, fire doesn't burn, and flesh doesn't bleed. What kind of weird world did these two love birds get into? Well you got to read to find out.


I really wish I could write more about this book. From page one it had me captured and I couldn't put it down. But as I got closer and closer to the ending, I lost interest in the novel. So I didn't finish it.

I will give Graham Joyce credit for the beginning of the book. It was written well and it was full of suspense. But his writing style irks me in some ways. First of all, he cusses when it's unnecessary. It seemed to me like he put in those words just to have them there. And Mr. Joyce also writes.... well he simply just bores you sometimes. The action in the book is great, but in between it's extremely hard to read through.

I give the book a 2 star rating out of 5. I don't think this book is really worth anyone's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment