Friday, April 15, 2011

Brave new world. Rating and Review.




File:BraveNewWorld FirstEdition.jpg

"The operation undergone voluntarily for the good of Society, not to mention the fact that it carries a bonus amounting to six months' salary."     - Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 1



Lately I have been very intrigued by books that have previously or are now banned. Brave New World came highly recommended to me by a friend and I decided it was worth a shot.

The book started out okay, but as I got deeper into the story, I began to loose interest.

Brave New World takes place sometime in the future, where democracy, family, and religion are not only not practiced, but thought immoral and completely useless. In place, communism, open sex with anyone and everyone, and above all, a complete connection with the whole world.

Although the futuristic feel and the completely different style of ethics interested me at the start, the actual plot was a little choppy and not my style. The writing by Aldous Huxley wasn't the problem, it was just the storyline. I wouldn't personally recommend this book unless you enjoy this type of books, but I am sure that if I read another Huxley book, I would enjoy it.

I give this book Two Stars. I'm sure many of you disagree with me and I am okay with that. I don't necessarily hate this book, and who knows, maybe in a few years the book will be more appealing to me.


If you need some book suggestions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail. If you wish to leave a comment, do so. Another great way to find new books, is by looking at the New York Times Bestseller List. Here is a link.


You can scroll down to whichever list you prefer and find the top new books.

The next book on my list is 1984 by George Orwell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment